With the warship construction licence, SHOFT joins the selected group of shipyards in contributing to Defence and Coastal Security. After a gap of over two decades, Pennant Number was given by Indian Navy to a vessel built by a private sector yard - the TLRV built by SHOFT. Our contribution to Defence sector up to date:
- As former major sub-contractor to leading public sector defence shipyard, fabrication of hull units & aluminum deckhouse units of Navy & Coast Guard FPVs, OPVs
- Built in our Shipyard between 2007 & 2010 on turnkey contract for a public sector defence shipyard - the first such construction in a private sector shipyard:
- Hull construction and major hull, engineering and underwater outfit for two nos. 90 M OPVs of Indian Coast Guard
- Hull construction of one 105 M NOPV of Indian Navy
- Construction, delivery and guarantee of three Harbour Utility Tugs to Royal Navy of Oman
- 6 Nos. Ammunition cum Torpedo cum Missile Barges to Indian Navy
- 500 Ton Feed water Barge with Stainless steel tanks for Indian Navy
- 6 Nos. Auxiliary Barges for Coast Guard under construction
- Torpedo Launch & Recovery Vessel for DRDO
- 4 nos. Auxiliary Vessels for Indian Coast Guard for supplying fuel and fresh water to Coast Guard Vessels at various loctaions.
- From 2004 to 2013 involved in the outfitting of India’s first indigenous nuclear sub-marine as sub-contractor to L&T
- From 2007 to 2009 complete renewal of Bridge Fin, Outer casing, Rudders & Sonar Dome during medium refit of INS Shankul & Shalkiat MDL
- Since 2009 following jobs for P75 Scorpene Project
- Fabrication of rudder fin stabilizer blocks
- Cradles for diesel, electrical ventilation & accommodation
- Fabrication of tanks, bulkheads and decks, aft frame work & stanchions
Torpedo Launch & Recovery Vessel for DRDO
A prestigious project won by SHOFT against stiff competition from major shipyards of the private sector. Design evolved by SHOFT by integrating demands of users - accommodation for large number of scientists, structure for matching the strength requirements of dynamic forces during launching of torpedos and hydraulic cranes for recovery of fired torpedos.
Ammunition Barges for Indian Navy
Six barges serving Naval Armament Department, Mumbai for transportation of ammunition from storage centres to warships. Designed by SHOFT to Navy specifications. A novel feature introduced by SHOFT was lightweight FRP hatch covers.
An important yard craft to serve Navy’s Aircraft Carriers. Fitted with stainless steel tanks for carrying distilled water for boilers feeding the propulsion turbines.
Offshore Patrol Vessels for Indian Navy & Coast Guard
All vessels were built in SHOFT shipyard on sub-contract from Goa Shipyard Ltd that includes entire hull up to main deck, complete underwater fittings, installation of machinery and piping to significant extent. The projects were according to GSL design and all materials, machinery & fittings were supplied by GSL.
Auxiliary Vessels for Coast Guard
4 nos Auxiliary Vessels for Indian Coast Guard for supplying fuel and fresh water to Coast Guard vessels at various locations.