SHOFT, established in 1987 is now a privately held shipbuilding company promoted and run by Naval Architects. The Head Office is at Thane (Mumbai) and the shipyard is located at Bharuch, on the coast of river Narmada near Dahej in Bharuch, Gujarat, the state with the longest coast line in India.
Steady Growth and Consolidation
- Initially SHOFT was engaged in multiple shipbuilding projects as turnkey contractors, working simultaneously at many client shipyards
- In 2004, establised its own shipyard and commenced independent operations at Bharuch, Gujarat
- Over the years SHOFT consolidated assets and nurtured a great work force, evolving into a full - fledged medium sized shipyard with supporting infrastructure
- Current build capacity allows simultaneous building of 9 – 12 vessels of varying sizes upto 150m length and launching weight upto 6000 tonnes
- Constructed and delivered 60 vessels in the last 15 years
- SHOFT is an ISO 9001 -2015 DNV Certified shipyard, holding Industrial License for construction of Warships in India